You may have heard about microneedling recently. This minimally-invasive cosmetic treatment can rejuvenate and revitalize your skin in a number of ways. It is considered very safe for people in good health and results in little to no downtime.
What is Microneedling?
Sometimes called collagen induction therapy, microneedling involves creating hundreds of tiny channels in the outer layer of your skin. Your body responds to this by healing itself, which is accomplished by creating new collagen and elastin fibers. The final result after these treatments is firmer, smoother skin.
Why Choose Microneedling?
There are many reasons why people choose this type of cosmetic procedure. It has many benefits and can help with many skin imperfections. Consider this option if you are looking to:
- Shrink Pores: Although people worry that this procedure will make their pores larger, the collagen produced by it will actually make them seem smaller.
- Reduce Fine Lines/Wrinkles: The collagen produced underneath the lines and wrinkles will soften them, reducing their appearance.
- Repair Scars: This treatment breaks up the skin underneath the scar, allowing your body to step in and heal. Many people find this treatment option much gentler than fractional laser ones.
- Tighten Up Loose Skin: Facial sagging is a less talked about but still unfortunate result of aging. Once again, collagen and elastin can save the day, tightening the skin and making you look younger.
- Reverse Appearance of Sun Damage: Hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and sunspots can all be visibly reduced thanks to the way that Microneedling works. The new collagen will make the skin look healthy and fresh.
- Make Topicals More Effective: No matter how expensive your face cream or serum is, only a small part of it is able to actually penetrate the skin. Microneedling changes this, allowing your skin to absorb topical treatments more effectively.
- Treat Various Areas: Although many of the benefits seem to relate mostly to the face, Microneedling can be done anywhere. Many people have it done to reduce the appearance of acne scars and/or stretch marks on the back, belly, buttocks, arms, thighs, and more.
Who is a Candidate for Microneedling?
If you are bothered by any of the above skin issues, you should consider this treatment. The only people who would not be considered good candidates are women who are pregnant or people taking certain types of acne medications.
Ready to learn more about microneedling and why everyone in Ottawa, Princeton, and elsewhere is talking about it? Now is the time to reach out and make an appointment with Nicole Norris MD Medical Spa! At our convenient location in Peru, IL, we would be happy to answer any questions you have and help you decide if this treatment is right for you. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!