When we think of wedding planning, we think of securing the place, the photographer, and the dress, but what about your appearance? Brides, grooms and wedding party participants are increasingly also visiting a medical spa as part of their pre-wedding agenda. A medical spa is a doctor’s office that specializes in non-surgical cosmetic procedures. When you come in for your wedding day consultation, your aesthetic provider, often a physician, will likely take pictures of your face and discuss your goals for your appearance. We asked Dr. Norris of Nicole Norris MD Medical Spa in Peru, Illinois to give us a list of the 5 most common pre-wedding services that her medical spa performs and a brief explanation of each.
Dr. Norris begins:
- Botox or Dysport (both brands of cosmetic botulinum toxin): Everyone wants to look refreshed and the best version of themselves on their wedding day. A few injections of Botox or Dysport in the upper face can smooth expression lines and makes the eyes appear more rested. Men and women of any age can benefit from this safe procedure with no downtime. Your results can take up to a month to notice so it is important to have this procedure done well in advance of the wedding date.
- Hydrafacial: A Hydrafacial is a combination of a facial and an anti-aging procedure. Hydrafacial is a machine operated by a specially trained esthetician that includes hydra-dermabrasion, a chemical peel, vacuum extraction, hyaluronic acid infusion and red-light therapy. Hydrafacials are the perfect event treatment to do the week of the wedding but may also be done as a monthly series to improve skin long term.
- Dermaplaning: Dermaplaning is best done in a medical spa because if done right it not only removes the fuzzy hair on the face, but it also is a microinjury to the skin stimulating skin turnover and collagen induction. In our office, we offer dermaplaning just prior to all our facials, Hydrafacials and most chemical peels. There is typically no down-time from dermaplaning and is perfect to do right before the wedding as your professional make-up application will look even better.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer in-office teeth whitening which utilizes carbamide peroxide and LED light for a quick 30-minute refresh of your natural enamel. There is little risk for gum sensitivity due to the use of Vitamin E oil on the gums prior to the procedure. Patients may do it the week of the wedding or do a series of monthly treatments if they need significant whitening due to long-term staining.
- Radiofrequency Skin Tightening: Radiofrequency energy is heat energy which can tighten skin short-term with one treatment or long-term with a series of treatments. There is no pain or downtime with radiofrequency energy treatments. The most common areas that we treat is the face, arms, abdomen and legs. We can add on radiofrequency eye treatments for tightening and lifting the thin skin around the eyes to any facial or Hydrafacial.
- Biorevitalization: These treatments are typically requested the month before the wedding and can significantly improve acne, texture, pores and tighten skin. After the application of our Biorevitalization treatment, there is little risk of peeling or downtime and no concern of being in the sun post-procedure. Best results are appreciated when a series of four weekly treatments is performed on the face, neck and décolleté’ for women and the face and neck for men.
Dr. Norris concludes, “Weddings are such a happy event but planning them is stressful which can take a toll on our appearance. It is important to include some self-care in your planning to look and feel your absolute best on one of the most important days of your life!”
If you want to schedule your wedding day consultation with Dr. Norris or learn more, visit NicoleNorrisMD.com, follow them on Facebook or Instagram, or call 815-780-8264.